I have always loved creativity. Since I was a little girl, creating with my imagination was my favorite thing. Sometimes it can be hard to get in a creative zone, when you are juggling work, parenting, and everyday life. I’d like to share 6 ways to get your creative juices flowing.
- Read the beautiful book called, The Artist’s Way. If you commit to doing this book and everything it tells you, you will get creative in new ways. From morning pages, to artist dates, to diving into who you are, this book is number 1 for creativity.
- Listen to music and color at the same time and notice how the music makes you feel. Find the music that inspires you and lifts you up and listen to more of that.
- Go outside and experience nature. Try to be really being present with everything around you. Water is the biggest thing that inspires me in nature. For you it may be something else. Go out there and find out.
- Get into a routine. Figure out at what time of the day you are most inspired and make that your creative time. You may need to wake up earlier or stay up later, but get in a zone at that time of day.
- Read positive books. Talk to friends who uplift you. If you have kids spend time playing with them and seeing where your imagination takes you. You may be really inspired to be creative. Affirmation cards are also a helpful way to change your thinking and focus on the positive.
- Letting go of the need to show people your work and doing something just for you can also be very freeing. It allows you to create without an expectation and to be silly and free with your work.
Creativity looks different for everyone. You may find your creativity through cooking, baking, sewing, painting, singing, gardening, building, writing, etc. It is a beautiful gift when you tap into it.
I’d love to hear what gets your creative juices flowing and would feel so honored if you shared anything you have created with me. Happy Creating!