I love coffee, like REALLY love coffee! It all started when I was young. My family is Italian and mornings always started with coffee, holidays ended with coffee, and for fun we would go to diners for a midnight coffee. I know a lot of people don’t think coffee is healthy but it is my one vice, so I am leaning toward the fact that it is healthy. Below you will find my 10 favorite coffee shoppes around the world.
- Caffe Reggio (Greenwich Village, NY)-This Italian Cafe originated in 1927 and is Greenwich Village’s oldest coffee shoppe. The first cappuccino was introduced in America here and I happen to have fallen in love with my husband at this beautiful cafe.
- Subculture Coffee (West Palm Beach, FL)- This hip coffee shop is located in West Palm Beach. My husband and I discovered it one day and felt such a nice vibe there. We even were able to watch Eduardo Kobra, the street artist, paint a mural of Albert Einstein, while we were sipping on coffee there. Watch this video to see more about this shoppe.
- Toms (Austin, TX)- This coffee shoppe in Austin, Texas makes you feel like you are visiting a friend at their home. It has such a relaxed vibe and you can purchase Tom’s gear while you are there. I love their swinging chairs too. They also have a lot of community events.
- Antique Bar and Bakery (Hoboken, NJ)- I love people, but I love to be able to have a coffee and a conversation and sometimes when coffee shops are packed with people next to you, it feels like you have to whisper or everyone knows your business. This place has the perfect amount of space to have a conversation and made me feel at home. They even refill your coffee cup, as many times as you want. The food is delicious and I was able to share their bread with a friend. The atmosphere makes you feel like you stepped back in time to the 70s. Check out this video to see more about this shoppe.
- Ashlawn Farm Coffee (Old Saybrook, CT)- I grew up spending summers at the beach in this beautiful town. When they opened this cute coffee shop here, I became a little obsessed. It has a peaceful vibe and even a kid’s section in the back. It is also right next to the train station, so it is easy to grab a cup before heading to NYC. Check out this video about how they began.
- Fourni Bakery (Oia, Greece)- When we went here for our honeymoon, we were told that this bakery delivers bread and pastries to all the restaurants in town, so we just walked here every morning. A grandmother runs the place and they make the best cappuccino freddo and they also sell homemade chocolates.
- Mazarine Coffee (San Francisco, CA)-I went here and discovered Nitro coffee for the first time and that became the only way I would drink coffee for a while. This beautiful coffee shoppe was inspired by the Bibliothèque Mazarine, the first public library in France. The staff is all very friendly and it is a bustling place.
- Lackawanna Coffee (Jersey City, NJ)- I love that this coffee shop has a ping pong table! It has such a fun outdoor seating area and they even make turmeric lattes. It is a very hip spot!
- Bread Boulangerie- (Nice, France)-This spot not only has coffee, but as the name suggests, also sells bread. They have gluten free bread and organic treats, as well.
- Chocopain Bakery (Hoboken, NJ)- This place has always been my go to spot to meet with friends. You can watch them making fresh bread and pastries and I love their chocolate bread and coffee. They even have couches and a play area for kids upstairs. When I go there, I feel like I am sitting in a living room in France.
I am excited to explore even more coffee shops around the world. What are your favorite coffee shops?